Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are central to the Corporate Values of Pomeroy. We take intentional measures to foster an inclusive culture that harnesses the diverse perspectives of everyone in our workforce.
We recognize the unique challenges faced by racial and ethnic minorities, women, the LGBT+ community, and the disabled in our society. Pomeroy is committed to pursuing paths to the inclusiveness that enable us to optimize their contributions. The Company believes that it should replicate its internal efforts outwardly by deepening its focus on diversifying its supplier base.
This policy is intended to enhance Pomeroy’s long-standing commitment to foster, create, and maintain a positive work environment that draws a clear line between how our behavior as individuals reflects how others see us an organization. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints.
The Pomeroy Way
A conscious understanding that who we are as individuals and how we choose to interact with others is a direct reflection of who we are as a company and how we will be viewed as an organization.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Diversity propels innovation and business success, promotes a broader service range, and allows for varying points of view which provide a larger pool of ideas and experiences from which organizations can benefit to meet business strategy needs and the needs of customers more effectively.
The principles or standards described below reiterate Pomeroy’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, focused on three main areas: attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse employee population; fostering and procuring a work environment where employees are treated with respect and their differences are valued; and seeking, creating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships with diverse service providers.
Our Commitment to Diversity
- Promote a diverse workforce by fostering and monitoring the hiring, promotion, and development of racial and ethnic minorities, the LGBT+ community, and women through all levels of the Company.
- Ensure equal employment opportunities for all current and prospective employees, as well as for job applicants, integrating diversity considerations into the processes.
- Carry out all employment actions, including hiring, promotion, training, compensation, transfers, discipline, and terminations, while ensuring a work environment free from discrimination against racial and ethnic minorities, the LGBT+ community, and women.
- Regularly review and modify, as necessary, existing employment policies, procedures, guidelines, or practices to assure that they foster equality within the employee population and advancement of racial and ethnic minorities, the LGBT+ community, and women.
- Regularly evaluate and assess workforce diversity and inclusion efforts through qualitative and quantitative metrics, including those contained in the annual EEO-1 Reports or Affirmative Action Plans.
This policy sets out our approach to equal opportunities and the avoidance of discrimination at work. It applies to all aspects of employment with us, including recruitment, pay and conditions, training, appraisals, promotion, conduct at work, disciplinary and grievance procedures, and termination of employment.
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action.
Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor or Human Resources business partner.